- Introduction To Campers And RVs
- May 9, 2020
Going traveling is a favorite pastime shared by many people. Nothing beats going and exploring new places and doing new things. However, going on these trips can be expensive, especially with the ever-rising costs of accommodations. One way you can decide to travel without the need to rent a hotel is to purchase or rent a campervan. This will allow you to save money and still get to travel wherever you want.
What Are Campervans?
A campervan is a vehicle that allows you to transport and have sleeping accommodations. Many people enjoy campervans to go out on camping trips and avoid spending money on costly hotel rooms. Campervans can come in a wide variety of sizes and accommodate several people depending on the size.
Campervans have many features. Some may come with a pop-up roof that can be raised for when you are camping, or they may have a fixed roof. Some campervans will have a small kitchen that will be equipped with several different appliances, including a refrigerator and microwave. The choice of power for the campervan will depend on the brand, but it can run on electricity, battery, or gas. In larger campervans, there will be a water heater, air conditioning, and a heating source. Smaller models may carry a portable toilet and an external shower feature.
Typical Capacity of Campervans
The capacity for campervans will depend on the size that you purchase. Most models can fit between one to five people. Larger campervans will be able to accommodate more. When you are thinking about purchasing or renting a campervan, you will want to make sure that you do your research on what will comfortably fit your family. You do not want to get a campervan that is too small. You will also want to take into consideration if you are going to bring along pets and how much luggage you plan to store as this will take up space.
Sizes of Campervans
There are several different sizes of campervans, and they include:
• Micro campervan. Micro campervans are small and typically only fit one adult when the passenger seat is removed. In some cases, micro vans can fit two adults, but these models are made to be small and light to help save on gas and increase functionality.
• Small campervan. A small campervan is great for one to two people who are not going to travel with a lot of luggage. These space-saving campervans use less gas and are very efficient.
• Medium campervan. A medium camper van can easily sleep two people and can accommodate a small child as well. This kind of camper is great for people who want to travel and have more room.
• Large campervan. A large campervan can sleep up to two to four adults or two adults and several children. It also has the space to accommodate the family’s pets. The large campervan is great for those that need more space.
If you are looking at purchasing or renting a campervan, you will want to make sure that you are familiar with campervan safety. Being safe with your campervan will help to ensure that your trip goes off without any problems. Here are some safety tips you should follow:
• Insurance. Having appropriate insurance for your campervan is imperative. If you are involved in an accident, you will need to make sure that you are fully covered. If you are renting your campervan, chances are that you have campervan insurance included in the price of the rental.
• Roadside assistance. If you do not know how to fix your campervan if something goes wrong, it is a good idea to have roadside assistance. Roadside assistance can come out and help you if you break down or have an issue with your campervan.
• Driving. If you are driving a large campervan, you may want to give yourself some time to get used to driving it. This is especially true if you have never driven a large vehicle before. Give yourself ample time and drive slow to familiarize yourself with the campervan.
• Secure everything. When you get ready to go on your trip, make sure that everything in your campervan is secure. When things are not stored correctly, they can roll around and break during transport.
• Check the weather. Before you head out on your trip, check the weather. You will also want to make sure that you check the weather periodically while you are on your trip. Staying weather aware can help you to be alert in case of a severe storm or other weather-related issue.
If you want to save money on your travel expenses, definitely consider a campervan. They are a great way to travel, and there are so many to choose from.